POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Looks_like moves the lookalike object : Re: Looks_like moves the lookalike object Server Time
3 Aug 2024 16:25:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Looks_like moves the lookalike object
From: Slime
Date: 28 Dec 2003 19:31:38
Message: <3fef75ea@news.povray.org>
> No sample scene, no nothing?  What is this, a joke?  You do know better
> after so many years of being around in these groups!

He wasn't giving a bug report; he was mentioning that something has been
left out of the documentation. Does he really need to provide a sample scene
to show that yes, in fact, the looks_like object is translated to the
light's position? A scene demonstrating how POV-Ray works is hardly
necessary to identify that the documentation doesn't completely describe its
behavior.

The only flaw I see in his post was that he relied on the subject line to
provide information which was necessary to understand it. Maybe that's what
confused you?

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]